The - Concept® (TPC®) Studio Instructor Silver
- Admission requirements for the - Concept® Studio Instructor Silver:
- Read "Pilates Anatomie"
- Basic anatomical knowledge, read an anatomy book of your choice
- At least 10 private lessons at The - Concept® (TPC®) - training centre
- At least 20 hours of group Pilates at The - Concept® (TPC®) - training centre
or at a Pilates studio recognised by TPC®
- At least two years’ experience in fitness, dance or health
[TPC® reserves the right to stipulate that course participants without professional qualifications relevant to
The - Concept® (TPC®) course (e.g. sports scientists, coaches, therapists, dancers etc.)
complete additional job-shadowing/training lessons if necessary.]
A Concept® Mat Instructor Silver / TPC® Mat Instructor Silver (or Gold) certiﬁcate
is credited both in admission requirements and in the course fee for the
Concept® Studio Instructor Silver / TPC® Studio Instructor Silver!
- Concept® Studio Instructor Silver
TPC® Studio Instructor Silver
Comprehensive studio training at The - Concept® (TPC ®) - training centre:
The Silver and Gold courses are divided into modules.
Each module covers theory, practice in self-training and practice in instruction.
The - Concept® Studio Instructor Silver course spans 306 lessons,
and is divided into 6 course modules (18 days!), plus self-training and job-shadowing:
- Module 1:
- Basic Level Mat
- Basic Level Barrels
- Posture analysis I
- Anatomy, physiology
- The - Concept® House
- Hands-on techniques I
- Module 2:
- Extension of Module 1
- Basic Level Reformer
- Basic Level Tower
- Basic Level Chair
- Methods + teaching approaches
- Hands-on techniques II
- Interim examination for Module 1+2
- Module 3:
- Intermediate Level Mat
- Intermediate Level Barrels
- Special needs
- Myofascial integration I
- Methods + teaching approaches II
- Module 4:
- Intermediate Level Reformer
- Intermediate Level Tower
- Intermediate Level Chair
- Module 5:
- Extension of Module 4
- Lesson formats (PT, duet, group)
- Module 6:
- Exam preparation
- Final examination (Studio Silver)
Between the Module 1 and 2, at least 15 Pilates classes (5x mat/5x equipment, 5x job-shadowing) must be completed over 5 weeks.
Between the following modules, at least 32 Pilates classes (6x mat/6x equipment, 8 in job-shadowing, 12 in work groups)
must each time be completed over 8 weeks at The - Concept® (TPC®) training centre or a Pilates studio recognised by TPC®,
and recorded in a log book (not included in the module fee).
The interim and final examination for the TPC® Studio Instructor Silver is taken following submission of the log book
and after consultation with The - Concept® (TPC®) trainer.
- Interim / Final examination
- Written (20%)
- Oral (20%)
- Practical (3 parts) (60%)
- 30-minute group class and self-training
- Posture analysis of a person, and
- Preparing and performing a training unit (55 minutes) for this person
With this qualification:
The - Concept® (TPC®) Studio Instructor Silver (or - Concept® Studio Instructor Silver for short)
allows you to join the Deutscher Pilates Verband (DPV) and, with appropriate pre-requisites,
be recognised by health funds as per Section 20 SGB (German Social Code).
Shortened course durations and certification for already certified Pilates instructors from other institutes are available.